Pages

Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy 4th of July!!!

Happy 4th of July everyone!!! I hope you're having a fun and safe holiday weekend!
I got to spend some quality time with my family, which is always a good time in my book.  I went out to lunch and did some shopping with my sister.  Afterwards, we picked up some food to grill up at Trader Joe's.
Tilapia,Asparagus, and Sweet Potato Tots, Yum : )
Doesn't it look delicious? My sister did all the cooking (it's where her 'crafty-ness' comes out) and had a pretty genius idea to put pie tins (like the one in the background above) directly on the grill so everything was cooked in the same place!

While she was cooking I was watching The Walking Dead marathon on AMC and...
...creating some festive 4th of July nails! 

The polishes I used were:
Base - OPI's My Boyfriend Scales Walls
Red chevrons - Finger Paints' Expressionist Red
Wet 'n' Wild's Saved by the Blue
Gold Glitter - ORLY's Too Fab
Top Coat - NYC's Matte Me Crazy
Hexagon Glitter - Born Pretty Store
Stamping Plate - Bundle Monster BM 201

I wasn't so sure about the matte topcoat so I added a coat of Seche Vite:
I think they turned out pretty festive! I also added the silver hexagon glitter to my middle nail, but only on my right hand as I wasn't sure how I liked it.

Later in the evening my Mom, sister and I got into a heated game of Spite and Malice.
Am I the only one who grew up playing this game?  Most of my friends have never even heard of it, but my family has been playing it since I can remember.

BONUS:
How awesome-ly cute are these patriotic pretzels?! I found them at the grocery store and couldn't resist grabbing these bad boys up based on looks alone. :)

My family ended the evening by watching fireworks on TV (there have been storms all week so we decided to stay indoors and watch the fireworks from the safety of our home).  Now I'm off to snuggle with my cat, he's afraid of loud noises and fireworks are going to be going off all night. Not a bad day.

How is everyone else celebrating the holiday?  Any traditions you do every year?


No comments:

Post a Comment