Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Nail Polish Wall Rack

I love reading nail polish blogs, and I kept wondering where they keep what seemed like an endless supply of polishes.  While I don't nearly have the amount of polishes as they do, I have plenty and keeping them all in a Target bag wasn't a great way to keep them stored.  After a little searching (a.k.a Tumblring) I found this lovely tutorial on how to make your own nail polish wall rack!
Despite being just foam board and hot glue, the thing is pretty sturdy! I may have added way more glue underneath each shelf out of worry but it holds up pretty well!
Also, I love putting things in rainbow order!  My slight OCD sighs in relief at just the sight of it (you can also see that my yarn in my bookcase is in rainbow order as well).
I've added a few more polishes since taking these pictures (like OPI's Just Spotted The Lizard that's currently on my toes!) but I still have the bottom shelf open for my nail stamping plates and stamper and cotton balls.  

Making the rack made me realize how many greens, blues, purples, and pinks I have, so whenever I'm close to buying another polish I have to make sure I don't have a similar color at home.  My mom always comments that I have too many polishes but I feel that's like saying I have too much yarn (impossible!).

How much nail polish do you own? Where do you store them all?

1 comment:

  1. Looks great:)
    http://www.opinionatedaboutopi.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete