Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Olympic Nails!

I couldn't be happier that nail art is becoming more popular!  Even some of the Olympians are sporting nail art for their country!  I'm a little late to the Olympic nail post party BUT the games are still going on (watching women's gymnastics reclaiming the gold since the 1996 games and seeing Michael Phelps' last race have been the highlights of mine so far) so I'm not too far behind.
I tried making a torch on my ring finger (it's upside-down in the pic above) and I'm happy with it!

The polishes I used were:
Icing - White (it had no label sticker)
Finger Paints - Expressionist Red
N.Y.C. - West Village (blue)
Sally Girl - Black
Spoiled - Daddy's Credit Card
Spoiled - Pirate's Booty
L.A. Colors Liner - Gold Glitter
L.A. Colors Liner - Silver Glitter
Sally Hansen Color Stick - Gold Chrome
Top Coat - Sally Hansen No Chip Top Coat

The red glitter came from a pack of small glitter polishes from Meijers a while back and I threw out the packaging before I remembered the name. I also used Bundle Monster Stamping Plate BM 201. The chevron stripes has got to be my favorite stamp of the whole bundle, I use it probably every time I stamp my nails.


Here's my other hand.  The torch is right-side up this time.  I wanted to incorporate the red, white, and blue (Go Team USA) and gold, silver, and bronze, so on my index finger I did stripes of each medal.  Spoiled's Pirate's Booty was the closest polish I had to bronze.  It's a little on the sheer side but I think it looks alright.

By the way how hilarious are the Spoiled's polish names?  I found them at CVS on sale for $1 each! I had to restrain myself from going overboard!  I may have spend far too long reading the names of each bottle. : )

Also, if you're into nail stamping, you should definitely get your hands on Sally Hansen's Color Sticks.  I got five of them in a nail polish kit for Christmas.  Simply brushing them straight onto the nail doesn't look so great, but they stamp like a dream! The colors that I have are all metallics (or Chromes, as they say on the label) and I love stamping them over creme polishes because the contrast is pretty striking.

But enough about the stamping, how are you liking the Olympics so far? What are your favorite sports to watch?  The swimming and the gymnastics are my favorites.  It definitely makes me want to go swimming, but I have a feeling it's not as easy or fun as they make it look on T.V. : )

What's your favorite event?

No comments:

Post a Comment